Andhra Pradesh Space Applications Centre (APSAC) is the state nodal agency for geospatial applications committed to provide Remote Sensing, GIS, GPS application services in the areas of Geomatics and e- Governance for Natural Resources Inventory, Infrastructure, Disaster Management, etc. The centre aims at providing scientific and technical support to the utmost satisfaction of government line departments for the development of Sunrise Andhra Pradesh with a broad vision focusing on:
· Serving the state through State-of-Art Geospatial Technologies.
· Act as catalyst through Remote Sensing and GIS to increase the responsiveness and efficiency of the line departments of the State.
· To provide proactive support and assistance to the state in achieving the e- governance.
· Explore the potential of Satellite, Aerial and UAV data for development, utilization and develop the digital data base of Natural Resources Management.
· Play a pivotal role in supporting flagship programmes of Govt of Andhra Pradesh.
· Web based geospatial technology dissemination for user departments.
· To address the issues and problems in achieving the SDG Agenda of Govt. of Andhra Pradesh through Geospatial Technology intervention.
Awareness and Capacity Building of Geospatial Technology among Academic Institutes and encouragement for Research & Development.